Sunday, June 15, 2014

News from Cory's Crew (30 May 14, transferred from old blog)

I received the following by email, with permission to post it here for all to see the great things they're doing. Thanks! (LKR)

Charissa is graduating tonight from American Fork High School. The ceremony is at the Marriott center at BYU.
She’s going to Weber State this fall on a drama scholarship. She’s healed from her scooter accident and I’m soooo grateful for that. She and Reagan (Cyndi’s daughter whom I love to be a positive role model for, she calls me Dad-Cor) are in a Tarzan play, and have been going to rehearsals together.
Cameron has his last day of being a Freshman today, and will be at PG High school this fall. He’s playing football for them, and has been in practices for a couple months now, and during the summer. He will be a defensive back position, blocking and intercepting passes from the receiver he is covering. He really likes to play catch with me and that helps me get a little exercise… He is a Teacher now and got all A’s and one B this year.
It’s wonderful to see the kids grow (so fast it makes my head spin) – I love being there for them and parenting gives plenty of opportunities to find teaching moments and always learning about and expressing unconditional love.
I’m on the scout committee in our ward and have been getting registrations and logistics handled for the scout camps – deacons are going to Scoville Lake, and Teachers/Priests are going to a lake in Idaho. I believe that kids should have a happy childhood, and enjoy being a kid. It’s fun to watch them develop and discover their own talents and interests. I’m doing ham radio for a 50 kilometer mountain marathon in a couple weeks to check runners in and out of the aid station. They are glad for the assistance and we can coordinate any medical needs, as well as let family/friends know their status who are at the finish line, how they are doing.

I’m grateful for all the lessons and fun activities we had as kids – tree forts, gardening, mini-bikes, marching band, grape-scrape (frozen wild grape juice slushies with the Cooksons), FHE with Mom playing the piano, waiting up all night on Christmas eve behind the couch or other hiding places, trying to catch Santa Clause.
Thank You, Mom and Dad for all the sacrifices, untold amounts of labor to raise 7 healthy boys – You Did It! A phenomenal life accomplishment, with generations of ripple effect of love and heritage of self-reliance, education, work, and becoming husbands and Dads.
I am grateful to Heavenly Father for his many blessings to me and our family (all of us). For the knowledge I have of His great Love, and the bright future we can create as we harness faith to work miracles in our lives and serve others.
Just want you all to know how much I love you all and pray for you all. Please keep us posted on happenings in your areas, and I’ll try to post to the site Lyrad set up (thanks!) (if someone knows how and wants to copy & paste this message, go for it.) it’s been crazy busy lately, but I wanted to share the good news here and hope you all are doing well.
Loves,
Cory, Charissa, Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment